A-B TCP Protocol Message Simulator for testing

I have a client working in mixed Allen Bradley and Omni environments who would like to have software that meets these requirements:

* runs on Win/XP on a laptop
* generates "master" polling messages on Ethernet preferably (essentially simulating existence of A-B PLC)
* is easy to setup for a testing scenario in-office and in the field
* preferably can generate other protocol messages as well

As an example, he often uses mdbus (http://www.calta.com/mdbus.htm) software to setup his laptop to poll an Omni Flow Computer via Modbus/TCP. Thus he can test communication and programming configurations. He'd like to be able to "simulate" the existence of an A-B PLC on the network as well.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....