ABB ACS800 LC firmware

Hello,

Is there anyone out there familiar with these ABB ACS800 drives? We have a problem with our comms module.

You can make it easer for someone to help you by posting the exact ABB model, Comm Module, and Firmware you are using.

What are you trying to communicate with the Drive with?

What is the exact problem you are having?

Any Error Messages at either end?

Stu....

We have a bad RDCU module in our mud pump 3A drive bay. Swapped it out for one of our unused cement pump drive bays but the parameters do not match. Followed the procedure for copying drive parameters from MP3B (mud pump 3 B) and the new module seems happy but now it's asking for an MAGN ID. In the parameters list #99.07 all the drives are set to NO for motor ID run. ABB says we need to download the original configuration for that motor into the RDCU which we don't have. However I'm also suspecting that they will want to send an engineer out to do the work. Aside from the basic parameters for similar motors on our 4 other mud pumps and the two motor specific parameters 98 and 99, what else might be needed to get this motor running? We worry about running a MOTOR ID RUN because we have two motors facing each other and if 1 runs and the other doesn't... it will break stuff.

The request to run a Motor ID is a result of setting 99.04 to either vector-hz or vector torq. Either way, the drive shifts into precision mode and needs an ID run.

If this motor can run in open loop scalar-Hz mode with speed error about half of motor slip, then set 99.04 to Scalar-Hz and the drive will no longer request the ID run.