Powerflex 70 Comm issues

rbehrens

I have a Powerflex 70 that periodically returns an Error 85 - Port 5 DPI Loss. I have looked through the AB Knowledgebase and they mainly talk about connections. Specifically, the HIM connection. I have removed the HIM and it appeared as though the problem was solved. I recently started seeing the fault again and I am planning on swapping out the drive to see if the problem goes away. Any other ideas?

Well Port 5 is the comm card that you have installed. What comm card are you using? If the comm card is the issue, it can be replaced without replacing the whole drive.

Similar Topics

Hello all, new here. I have 16 Powerflex 40’s that I am converting from DeviceNET to Ethernet. I changed all of the Comm modules to 22-COMM-E and...
Replies
Views
I had to replace 3 PowerFlex 40 multi-drives that each had 3 PF4M daisy chained off the DSI port. The PF40s had comm-e cards installed for...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Been reading for a long time, 1st real post. AB was unable to help me beyond "Yeah, that's old, we think you should upgrade..." which...
Replies
Views
Bear with me for a moment. So an issue came up this morning, one of our pumps wasn't running. I plug into the processor (5069 ver 31), the...
Replies
Views
There are multiple drives connected to this PLC and all are operational but I can no longer connect to them remotely. I can only connect to 2-3...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom