Able to ping to ENBT , but unable to connect on RSLinx

pssriram16

RSLinx version 2.57
Trying to connect to ENBT/A via Wi-fi. This ENBT card is on the back plane of Compact Logix 5345 CPU.
I am able to ping to the ENBT card, but when I try to connect thru RSLinx, then it times out (yellow question mark with red cross mark).

Any ideas why? Which port number does RSLinx use to talk to ENBT cards?

Sriram

The important one for connecting to a 1768-ENBT is TCP Port 44818.

I start with ordinary ICMP PING, then perform an ARP -A to be sure the MACID I expect is in the ARP table.

Next I try HTTP, because most A-B devices have an embedded web page.

If I don't get HTTP (some devices can have it turned off) I try TCPing to Port 44818.

If those methods all work, then you have verified basic TCP connectivity and you can start troubleshooting RSLinx.

If you're using WiFi, make sure you're not also simultaneously connected to a hardwired Ethernet network.

The EtherNet/IP driver uses a broadcast packet that can be blocked by some firewalls and VPN networks; try using the Ethernet Devices driver.