Powerflex 70 decel rate in 2 wire control

spice_miner

I have a machine with a Powerflex 70 drive. It came from the OEM wired 2-wire control. Changing decel 1 time has absolutely no effect on the drive. I talked to one of Rockwell's engineers and he told me that the Powerflex 70 when in a 2-wire configuration, only uses "coast" as a stopping method. The decel 1 parameter does not apply. Can anybody confirm or deny this statement? I find nothing in the manual to back this up. I wired the drive up in three wire control and after changing decel 1 to 5.0 from 3.5 I saw a change in the way the machine stopped. I ended up at 10.0 on the decel rate and was almost where I wanted to be but it caused other problems with the machine. It has a cycle stop and it didn't like 10 seconds as a ramp rate. I watched the frequency on the drive in 2 wire and in 3 wire. The 2 wire set up didn't have a ramp at all.

I am not 100% on the Powerflex 70, but for the other Powerflex families (4/40) the Terminal 01 input is always coast to stop unless you are in three wire control.

When using two-wire control, and you want a ramp stop, just remove the Run/Forward or Run/Reverse command, leave the stop input high (not stopped) to let the drive ramp down.

In two-wire control, the "Stop" terminal is basically an Enable.