PLC PROGRAMMING AND HMI CONFIGURATION CHARGE AMOUNT FOR 50 I/Os PROJECT

And, remember for GM that they require CAD prints using E-Plan, a significant investment ($10,000 - 24,000) for an independent businessman. I have not done any work directly for GM (have done builds for Tier-1 suppliers) but the first one I do will have to have the cost of E-Plan worked into the quote somewhere.

There is someone local that will translate autocad to e-plan. I haven't used them but a customer of mine did and the cost was surprisingly inexpensive.

That is tongue in cheek but most end users will refine and refine and add and change to HMI design until forever if there is nothing defined up front.

I have one customer (a good customer so I put up with it) that makes changes at every step and meeting. Even when commissioning a build they want things changed and added.

I do not even try to estimate time or costs with them. They are billed by the hour and invoiced for all the hardware. Even the hardware that later was not used because of a modification.

Steve,

They like to make changes. The very first build I did for them, almost 20 years ago, I quoted a price. Even then they made a lot of changes, even after the machine was in operation a couple weeks they decided they wanted it's sequence to be different.

I think it is because:

1. they really don't know what they want exactly until after they see it run

2. the original orders are from management with no input from the workers ranging from the maintenance supervisor, production engineer, foremen or operators, until it is in their shop or they have to ask someone about a specification - that then is a surprise to them a new machine is ordered.

With them from the first meeting I ask very specific, repeated questions about the operation, and still get surprises. Especially when they see an ad or magazine article about some new widget that then HAS to be incorporated in the build.

On the plus, they pay all invoices promptly, no waiting 60 or 90 days like a lot of places.

hello everyone
i have omron plc and yaskawa v1000 vfd id like to controlling the drive by using RS 485
i dont know the address of the parameter thats i must be deal with to did that
any one know thats?
thanks for help
Eng. Razzaq
Iraq
Baghdad
thats my e-mail
[email protected]

hello everyone
i have omron plc and yaskawa v1000 vfd id like to controlling the drive by using RS 485
i dont know the address of the parameter thats i must be deal with to did that
any one know thats?
thanks for help
Eng. Razzaq
Iraq
Baghdad
thats my e-mail
[email protected]

:confused: This thread has nothing to do with Omron or Drives, start a new thread.