Comms issue

labeledas

Hi all

I am trying yo figure something out for a former client. It seems rslinx stopped working as their ftview desktop can no longer see values from the compactlogix plc.

Now i tried to check the driver from a rslunx enterprise and 3 different rsclassic installs one on the local computer through vnc and from 2 of my laptops over vpn these connections have always worked in the past.

I am able to ping the address and get on to the browser diagnostics page fron both the local and vpn networks. But linx seems to not be able to find the plc. I can also longer connect through studio 5000 from either network setup.

This is a remite site for a client who went with another; cheaper contractor so i am trying to avoid making the trip. Hence why i havent tried a usb connection.

I was just hoping for some quick suggestions.

Managed switches, routers, firewalls?
As I understand not only the local station cannot connect to the PLC, but your laptops also, so I guess either the hardware (I guess processor with inbuilt Ethernet port), either something in the network