4 inputs to a block that outputs 1 signal out?

Timeismoney08

Does anyone know of a company who makes a io block where I could plug in 4 m8 plugs and if all of their signals are on, it turns on 1 signal going back to the PLC via m12?

In a sense, all you're doing is running 24v, 0v, and a signal wire. Then if all 4 inputs are made, they all pull in a relay which then forwards the 24V out of the signal wire. I can sketch this up pretty easy.

I've done this manually with Relays, but surely someone makes a stand alone block that does this..

Please help!

Thanks!

4 simple cheap relays - each with one N.O. contact in series with the other. Why do it more complicated than that ?

If you dont want the 4 relays, then maybe find some sensors that are either with potentialfree outputs, or where you can connect the output in series.

If you absolutely want it in 1 device, then a smart relay should do the trick. No-one will thank you for doing it that way.

4 simple cheap relays - each with one N.O. contact in series with the other. Why do it more complicated than that ?

If you dont want the 4 relays, then maybe find some sensors that are either with potentialfree outputs, or where you can connect the output in series.

If you absolutely want it in 1 device, then a smart relay should do the trick. No-one will thank you for doing it that way.

Because it's going on a robot with 8 inputs total, but needs to make sure around 32 inputs are made before advancing. If it were just one set of four, I would just use relays for sure.

So you actually need 32 signals, not 4 signals.
Now you are approaching what ought to be made with a small PLC + HMI.
If one of the signals dont come on, you need a way for the operator to quickly see which sensor is missing. That ought to be displayed on a small HMI.
If you did it with simple relays, the operator could see it on the relay indicator LED. Still, it would be a cludge IMO.
But the idea of a logical signal calculator is a worse cludge, again IMO.

So you actually need 32 signals, not 4 signals.
Now you are approaching what ought to be made with a small PLC + HMI.
If one of the signals dont come on, you need a way for the operator to quickly see which sensor is missing. That ought to be displayed on a small HMI.
If you did it with simple relays, the operator could see it on the relay indicator LED. Still, it would be a cludge IMO.
But the idea of a logical signal calculator is a worse cludge, again IMO.

Gotcha, but this is on a customer machine that I can't change. The only thing I could do is add a block that lets you know if everything is true or not.

Gotcha, but this is on a customer machine that I can't change. The only thing I could do is add a block that lets you know if everything is true or not.

I would put in a few smart relays with LCD displays that show the IO status, that way each is showing where a problem is.

If there's a space problem in the enclosure, add a small enclosure on the side, fence, wall, etc.

It took more time to make the pictures than wiring up these relays (only had three handy, but you get the idea).

series off.JPG series on.JPG

I would put in a few smart relays with LCD displays that show the IO status, that way each is showing where a problem is.

If there's a space problem in the enclosure, add a small enclosure on the side, fence, wall, etc.

It took more time to make the pictures than wiring up these relays (only had three handy, but you get the idea).

Thanks for taking the time to do that, but I know how to wire it and do it traditionally. Just looking for input blocks with this functionality.

Does anyone know of a company who makes a io block where I could plug in 4 m8 plugs and if all of their signals are on, it turns on 1 signal going back to the PLC via m12?

In a sense, all you're doing is running 24v, 0v, and a signal wire. Then if all 4 inputs are made, they all pull in a relay which then forwards the 24V out of the signal wire. I can sketch this up pretty easy.
I've done this manually with Relays, but surely someone makes a stand alone block that does this..

Looks like an opportunity to make a product that you could sell to others