S5-115U Hidden programmed Blocks

EEPROM doesn't have anything extra than what is shown in PLC directory?

Correct

Then where are these PB16 to PBxxxx located?

Good question.

My best guess is that they have only existed in RAM, and that a power/battery outage has deleted them.

Kalle

Hello Kalle,
Well if that is the case that they perhaps have been deleted, then Why doesn't CPU give a compilation error as the BLOCK CALL still exists in OB1?

Machine ran absolutely fine so far until now that my interface PC failed.

Yes I will make OUPUT PLC MEMORY FILE, probably tomorrow...
I got the full Hard Copy of all the FBs and PBs in the directory....And I could not find any reference of these Missing PBs anywhere else, But in the OB1 where they are called.....

Yes I will make OUPUT PLC MEMORY FILE, probably tomorrow...
I got the full Hard Copy of all the FBs and PBs in the directory....And I could not find any reference of these Missing PBs anywhere else, But in the OB1 where they are called.....

As I said earlier; I mean that this type of CPU runs OK even if PBs are missing. But if a non existing DB (-area) is accessed by the user program, it will stop.

Kalle

Could it be that your type of machine is a part of a bigger system and that irrelevant program parts are deleted / omitted by the OEM?

Dear Sir,

It's a simple independent batching plant. I strongly feel these PBs have interface Program which deals in Recipe Orders handling, Giving commands to PLC for Dry Mixing Time, Wet Mixing Time, Actual Weight = Nominal Weight, Scale Empty etc. etc.

Because I didn't find this logic in the given PBs/FBs....