Logix Designer: Test/Assemble/Finalize buttons missing from toolbar

MoraleC2

This is a rather silly issue, but it is incredibly frustrating nonetheless. Occasionally, the shortcut buttons for compiling logic will disappear from the Logix Designer toolbar (because it is a very well designed and functional piece of software), requiring me to use the dropdown menu Logic -> Online Edits, which is annoying when I'm making dozens of edits every hour. I know there is some way to restore them, but every time this happens I forget how.

How do I get these shortcut buttons back? Thank you for your time.

They are under the toolbars option in the view menu. You can select a whole slew of options in there.

MikeyN: That is unfortunately not the case. I have attached a screenshot of the toolbar with all options selected under View -> Toolbars: Screenshot.PNG. As you can see, the Assemble/Test/Finalize buttons are still missing.

Can you show the screenshot of the logic window? Also, the Title bar across the top of the screen. There is no option to hide or display that particular toolbar.

OG

based on my experience, usually if you just resize the window, the toolbar will magically reappear ...

why? ... I no longer ask questions like that when working with RSLogix5000/Studio5000 ...

Cancelled or Untest Edits (no actual edits being tested)

I just had this same problem happen to me. (Grayed out Finalize all edits). Reboot didn't work. I also had the bonus symptom that when I tried to move a instruction it copied it (plus sign appeared).

Turns out the software thought I tested an edit (I hadn't - I haven't pushed that button in years). I just had to cancel or untest edits. Popup window where the ladders show up with edits was blank, hit okay and I was back in business.

hope this helps someone else down the road (v32 of RSLogix5000)

I just had this same problem happen to me. (Grayed out Finalize all edits). Reboot didn't work. I also had the bonus symptom that when I tried to move a instruction it copied it (plus sign appeared).

Turns out the software thought I tested an edit (I hadn't - I haven't pushed that button in years). I just had to cancel or untest edits. Popup window where the ladders show up with edits was blank, hit okay and I was back in business.

hope this helps someone else down the road (v32 of RSLogix5000)

+1, about every 6 months. Processor status "No Edits" and no edit zones found by searching.