Strange issues with AD POV and OPC

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm using RSEmulate 28.11 with RSLinx Classic OPC Server and POV 8.1 to build an HMI. I'm getting a strange problem.

I have a tag for tank temp setpoint. It is an integer tag. When I go to write any value into the setpoint tag, it seems to "overflow" and also writes into a timer address, like the write is getting split up over several address.

Example: I enter any number, and I get "4" back for my tank temp, my setpoint writes to zero and I get negative numbers on my tank cycle timers. It is like the OPC server is splitting the value up over several memory addresses, perhaps the value is too big? Without the HMI running, something in the PLC keeps overwriting the values for Counter.CU and Counter.DN as well. I have to restart the emulator to fix this.

Found the issue. I had an incorrect length with a copy instruction, so it was overwriting other tag's values.