Is a PLC the right way to go in this case?

You may want to consider the Horner XLe series. Relay outputs on a couple of their models, analog in/out as well and if you add a Smart Stix Analog module, you should be able to get all your hardware and programming cables for under 1K. The software is free to download from their web site and they also offer a similar to AB "Scale with papameters" setup.
Besides, the XLe can be mounted on the door if you ever need on the fly set point or parameter acess.
The analog module can be set to what you want via the software(0-10v, 4-20mA). They do offer Modbus TCP/IP.
Just an alternative.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi All, I have a programming background but have never used a PLC. I have what I think is a simple automation project however Im not sure of the...
Replies
Views
Good Day everyone, i am currently wiring up a panel and i am not sure if a L36ERMS compact guardlogix controller is just used for safety or you...
Replies
Views
Good day all. I work for a small company that would like to start automating the production of our goods. I have been tasked with doing some...
Replies
Views
Could someone point me to a DB9F right angle cable that would allow me to close the door on a L61 PLC? Certainly one exists but all I can locate...
Replies
Views
With Windows 7 End of Extended Support being just under 3 years away (Jan 2020), is the time right for someone like Inductive...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom