Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone!

Software:
Factory Talk View (HMI)
RSLogix 5000
Hardware:
CompactLogix 1769-L32E
PanelView Plus 700

I am a student leanring PLCs and we have had no instruction with HMI interfaces. I do not expect we will use HMI this semester so I have taken the initiative to learn this Factory Talk View software for myself.

I have programmed a simple conveyor system for refuse and coal transfer. I am wanting to develop an HMI for this application. Does anyone know of a simple step by step tutorial or application that envolves simple HMI programming with Factory Talk View Software??? I just need something helpful to get me used to the software's programming techniques and communication capabilities.
I really appreciate the help and direction! (y)
T Smith

Open up the demo programs that come w/ the software. Open a random display and just figure out what everything is and where it came from.

Good on ya. I remember when we did HMI programming in school everyone b***ed and moaned on how stupid this stuff was, meanwhile I had spent the previous do semesters tinkering with FactoryTalk.

All factory talk ME edition user's manual is available in AB website.You can get it from there