SLC500 - Rack error

LOL... by no difference perhaps i should clarify

i built 2 configs from scratch.. one with the module in and one without. same issue.

well, I can't guarantee that the chassis/rack doesn't have a problem ... so maybe that's something else to be considered ...

be that as it may - I'm still willing to wager ten bucks that the system won't function with that "extra" module installed ...

PLUS ... it's been a few years since I've dealt with the SLC platform - but I'm 99% sure that your "adapter" module is only meant to be installed in the first slot (far - far left) of ANOTHER chassis/rack ... specifically, it should take the place of a PROCESSOR in what we'd call a "remote rack" ...

for the other end of the line, you're supposed to install a "scanner" module ...

Since you moved the output from slot 3 to slot 5 between pic's I would suspect the output card has an issue when trying to write to it.

But - it still could be a rack problem.

Do you have any other output card to test with - can be TRIAC, DC, TTL or relay - as long as it is 16 outputs

I agree with the thoughts its a module fault as the input module works fine in any slot

I have purchased 2 more input modules and a DC output module IB\OB16's waiting on these arriving in the mail.

@Ron

think that answers my next question.

i would have a scanner module in the CPU chassis and the Remote modules in the slaves?

so big update today.

reinstalled my XP machine today so i can re-use the 7 day trial :p

my new OB16 output module works
and my OW16 also now works

turns out i had to select Assemble new rungs for some reason.

I now have a fully working SLC500 with an IB16, an OB16 and an OW16 module

one very happy guy here.

have some telemecanique buttons and lamps ready to go on it too.

Questions though if i may

q1)

The modules say they are "octbal" but SL500 enables you to program them as binary

e.g. I1:15 in the system is actually In17 on the module - What does everyone have configured for this in the programming mode?

q2) is there a way in SL500 to have a "Virtual output"

e.g. if input 1, 2 and 3 are all "closed" - virtual output "Check1" = on

so that in future programming rungs i can refer to "check1" rather then repeatedly checking

q3) what can i do with an ASB module? release i need another half.

q4) are the wiring connectors which screw onto the modules available as spares.. 1 of my modules (Blue) does not have the screw terminals adaptor?

thankyou in advance.

Octal is a sticker you put over the LEDS to count 0-7, 10 to 17, but the program shows 0 to 15

For a virtual output use B3:x/x on an OTE

3 not sure

You can buy replacement terminals on eBay & from your distributor, and keep ones from cards you throw out

Octal is a sticker you put over the LEDS to count 0-7, 10 to 17, but the program shows 0 to 15

For a virtual output use B3:x/x on an OTE

3 not sure

You can buy replacement terminals on eBay & from your distributor, and keep ones from cards you throw out

Ah so you use the binary option - that’s what I have been doing. Thankyou

What is the reasoning octal is used over binary?

Octal was for use when the cards were installed as remote I/O for a PLC-5. There was a clear sticker to cover the LEDs and a label for the door too. It is superficial, means nothing to the card and when used with a SLC, the addressing will be decimal, not octal.

The ASB module is used in the CPU slot (slot zero) of a remote chassis. You would need a scanner module and another chassis and power supply to make use of it along with some "blue hose".