Conti Strain! Are we up the creek?

We outsource our IT since we are not a big production Co.
We have been through as many IT companies as Ransomware attacks.
IT always wants to control everything but I have all the machine PLC's
and HMI's on my own network (I've been here 23 years) I have my own server
and use all my own Laptops with PLC-HMI software & documentation. They quit complaining about it after their first hack. They lost all production/customer info but my machines run fine.
Good Luck I hope all works out.

Ransomware can be avoided. If you are it's victim, your IT department is guilty, or management who did not invest enough money in people and equipment.
Social engineering attacks, specially spear phishing attacks are very hard to avoid without proper training.
My client had ransomware attack on system I designed. It stopped one computer in system for one hour, we lost previous hour of job on that computer, but that's it. Initial cost was 500$ per station, plus 12$ monthly fee per station.
BTW, ransomware came most likely through modified online game, and victim used same password on different portals and our server, but we can't be sure regarding that conclusion.