Idec FA-1

rikster_2

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an Idec FA-1 controller the I need to get the program out of. It is a functional machine. I also have an additional FA-1 controller (PFA-1C24R) for testing. I have a PFA-1U51 (computer link interface unit) as well. There is a Fujitsu 8-pin cable (PFA-1A51) that connects from the PLC to interface. Additionally there is a 25-pin D-sub to 9-pin D-sub cable (PFA-1A53) that connects the interface to a serial port on a computer.

Can anyone help with pinouts for these cables as they are no longer available from Idec. I have d-sub connectors and the 8-pin Fujitsu connectors as well. I believe the PLC is RS-485 or RS-422 and the interface converts to RS-232C.

I also have Clip4.0 and Clip6.0 installed on an old computer with Windows 98 OS and 9-pin serial port(s)