Multimeter.....Daily carry.

Fluke 179 is my go to. I am an electrician as well as programmer. It is rugged and reasonably priced for a Fluke. Goes through airports without question if you are a traveller.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

The Fluke 179 was the one that I had my eye on.

There are other meters that I want more, but i think the 179 would cover me pretty well. I worry a lot about damaging the meter, I work around a lot of water, mud, and chemicals.

I figured the 179 wouldn't be a huge loss if it was destroyed.

I too purchased a Redfish iDVM 510 for its Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities. The phone app and its features worked great but the quality of the meter just didn't hold up for me. The leads made a poor, loose connection at the meter and readings became intermittent, and the magnet strap wasn't strong enough to hold it up on anything (especially in contrast to the Fluke magnet which is quite strong). I ended up returning it. I suppose I could have used Fluke leads and a Fluke magnet strap on it but that adds another $100+ bucks just to bring it up to snuff.

Thanks, I'll watch for that.

My favorite is my old Wavetek 850. Those haven't been made for about 20 years but mine still works perfectly. It's a bit smaller and lighter to carry than my Fluke 787. The Fluke does a few things that the old Wavetek doesn't but for 99% of my use it is just perfect.