Omron DeviceNet Memory allocation

JordanCClark

Lifetime Supporting Member
History:

On an Omron CJ1W-DRM21 Network, had a servo driven actuator that went bust. This node is in the middle of the memory map (node 6), with 2 input and 2 output bytes. The replacement for this obsolete unit has 3 input / 3 output bytes. Quickie overview of the allocation table attached.

Questions:
  • Just changing the allocation of node 6 will bump all the addresses of the nodes after it, correct?
  • If I move the new unit to node say, node 10, will the allocation for node 6 stay in place if I take it out of the scan list?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I knew I was taking a long shot with the late posting, and having to be back in at 2am to finish this up, but no replies? At all? Really?!?

There. It's not often I get to get my digs in, so I'll jump on it when the opportunity arises. The beauty of it is that I get to hit everyone at once. That's value for the money, right there! :evil laugh:

In the interest of completeness, I'll answer my own questions...

• Just changing the allocation of node 6 will bump all the addresses of the nodes after it, correct?
Yes. Yes, it will.
  • If I move the new unit to node say, node 10, will the allocation for node 6 stay in place if I take it out of the scan list?
No. No, it won't :ROFLMAO:

So for now, I'll live with the error of the now-missing node 6 until I find/buy/make a dummy placeholder.