You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 17th, 2011, 04:04 AM   #1
rQx
Sweden

S7 1200 ethernet connection

Hi!

I'm fooling around with the s7 1200 to learn how to setup a ethernet connection between two CPUs. I've succesfully made a link and I can recieve and send a word between the two CPUs. What I can't figure out however is how to send more then one word.

What I do now is sending Mw100 from CPU1 to Mw10 on CPU2. I have entered MW100 as DATA on the SEND block and MW10 as DATA on the recieve block.
What I want to do is send the following

CPU1 CPU2

MW1000 MW100
MW100 MW10
MW10 MW1

How do I configure this?
Old February 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #2
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

If you figure it out I would like to know.. what did you do to pass the one word? I have not tried it but will next week
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #3
504bloke
Lifetime Supporting Member
England

Presume your using TSEND and TRCV ?

Here's an example from Siemens for clock sync over ethernet for 1200's using TSEND/TRCV

If your new to the 1200 there is a nice easy book guide here (needs siemens login (have to register))

Dave

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Last edited by 504bloke; February 19th, 2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old February 25th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #4
rQx
Sweden

Yes Im using TSEND and TRCV. I have managed to sent data blocks now, got some help on the siemens support forum. I had no idea I had to do a struct in the data block. My new problem is that you can't insert strings in the struct. I can send a string seperatly between send and rcv but not within the struct of my data block. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to have two send blocks and two receive blocks working together?
TSEND1 working with TRCV1
TSEND2 working with TRCV2

TSEND1 shall not send to TRCV2

it is the same IP so I don't know how to.
Old February 25th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #5
rQx
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
If you figure it out I would like to know.. what did you do to pass the one word? I have not tried it but will next week
Send it through a Datablock.
Place a struct in your datablock and insert the data to be sent there , then In the TSEND and TRCV DATA input write: "datablockname".structname
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum