Start/Stop motor with RSView32

mulderm

Hello,

I want to control a motor by a frequency-inverter using
RSView32 and a PLC5-processor programming by RSLogix5.
I want use RSView32 to create a graphic with 2 button´s
start and stop for starting and stopping the motor
and a display with the speed of the motor and some alarm-text.
Problem is how to configure the tag´s.
On the datasource are 2 options: device and memory.
Device is: receiving data from the plc5 (for getting the speed
of the motor).
But how must I configure the buttom´s start and stop, because
these must sending a signal "1" to the PLC5?
Who can help me?
I am new of RSView32.

Greetings,

mulderm

The tag(s) will need to be Digital Device tags. Device tags exchange data with some device outside of RSView. Memory tags only live in RSView.

So ideally you would have a rung of logic in your PLC-5 with a Start and a Stop button. RSView would send a start or stop signal and the PLC-5 would respond by turning on and off your output.

If this is the case you would then have a device tag for a start button and another tag for a stop button. You would also probably want a tag for your output that you could then use to display the output state.

Now, alternatively you might choose to use memory tags for Start and Stop whereby the logic is done entirely in RSView (through the Event Editor). You would then use RSView to directly energize the output. BUT............If RSView shuts down, what happens to the output and how do you control it and why did you buy a PLC-5 in the first place?
While this alternate method is possible, it is NOT desirable.

OG