[Siemens TIA] [TIA] Sequential function chart, read step names automatically?

sargan26

Hi,

is it possible to read the name of the steps in an S7 Graph sequencer? In the parameterinterface there is, for example the parameter #S_NO with the current step number but nowhere the name. Yes, you could of course enter the step names in a text list and use them with #S_NO as an index - but that means manually creating the text list (and maintaining it when changes are made!). I would like to spare myself that.

Hi,

is it possible to read the name of the steps in an S7 Graph sequencer? In the parameterinterface there is, for example the parameter #S_NO with the current step number but nowhere the name. Yes, you could of course enter the step names in a text list and use them with #S_NO as an index - but that means manually creating the text list (and maintaining it when changes are made!). I would like to spare myself that.

Something I've wished you could do for a long time is read in the name of a tag as a string. Kind of like the opposite of a pointer. It would be so helpful for generating alarms and messages on the HMI.

I don't know of a way to do it. The step names are the name of the tag structure, but that doesn't help you in Runtime any. You could theoretically do it with Openness, but that's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Something I've wished you could do for a long time is read in the name of a tag as a string. Kind of like the opposite of a pointer. It would be so helpful for generating alarms and messages on the HMI.

Something like this any use?

symb.jpg

I would like to do something similar. Did this function work well for this?

I didn't try doing it specifically with a graph step, but the step names are tagnames (with a big structure underneath them), so it should be possible, with the instruction that LD called out.

IÂ’m trying to get the graph step name so I can use a common HMI area to display steps from multiple sequences. So far not having much luck. Lol

IÂ’m trying to get the graph step name so I can use a common HMI area to display steps from multiple sequences. So far not having much luck. Lol

can you show what you've done so far? The GetSymbolName instruction should be available under Extended Instructions -> String + Char -> Runtime Information. LD showed it in SCL, but it's available in LAD as well.

Yes I assumed that I could pass into the GetSymbolName block the a element of the DB of the Graph sequence but there is none that match the type directly.

Ultimately what I would like to do is be able to pass out each step name for any given graph sequence like the the GRAPH_Overview object does n the HMI.
There doesn't seem to be (or I am ignorant of) a method to indirectly address the step tags. I tried defining an array of G7_StepPlus_V6 data type but I can't reference them when I create a new step/transition. My project is composed of many small graph sequences that run as needed and I want a way to display the step without using 4 or 5 of the GRAPH_Overview objects on each screen.