Servo motor not working correctly.

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I had replaced the drive Kinetix 300 recently due to short within the drive but now seeing watchdog fault. The watchdog timer done bit is set to 2 seconds but originally it was at 1second. I see that the servo is staying out a bit longer which triggers that resettable fault. I adjusted velocity to compensate for a time but i don't believe it is the right way. Even doubling velocity made a small improvement. The motor, gearbox, and drive had been swapped out and there is no mechanical binding that would cause it to pause before it retracts. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

this may be a dumb question but did you do an auto tune the drive?
The controller may not be able to find position fast enough it wouldn't go to the next step until it finds the commanded position.

You dont need software for the Kinetix 300, you can view it via a web browser.

Have you saved the config of the old drive and loaded it to the new drive?

Last edited:
We did not use outo tune and we did not save the config of the old drive. I was not involved at that time but thats what understood from talking to other techs.

I am surprised that it doing as well as it is.
enter the motor data ( double check it to be sure it correct)
then do an auto tune I would expect your problem to be gone
good luck