Who changed it????

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there any way to determine who and when a change was made to a program? I am dog-tired of changes being made to running systems, getting everyone in the room, and no one admits to making the change. I am working on getting FT security so that people will be required to input their password to access the logic but, until then, is there at least a way to know when (date/time stamp) of when a specific change was made? For example: somene loves AFI's and branch-shorts for permanent repairs, where I work. I would love to find out who is doing it. I don't subscribe the the Gremlin theory. Thanks

Doesn't the file properties give you a last modified date? And sometimes a "modified by" depending how your IT is setup.

Maybe a cultural change is needed? Changes should have a revision note with author, no matter the size of the change.

Are we to assume Allen Bradley Logix 5000 controllers?...

If so, have a read here of Chapter 3 - Controller Logging for a basic method (with exceptions) which will not involve auditing software, if you are not ready or are not going to make that leap later...

Logix5000 Controllers Information and Status Programming Manual

It can log many things including change detection with username, workstation, and FT User, if setup, and other details. You can program it to log automatically to removable media, if available.

I'll let you read for yourself.

Regards,
George

Are we to assume Allen Bradley Logix 5000 controllers?...

If so, have a read here of Chapter 3 - Controller Logging for a basic method (with exceptions) which will not involve auditing software, if you are not ready or are not going to make that leap later...

Logix5000 Controllers Information and Status Programming Manual

It can log many things including change detection with username, workstation, and FT User, if setup, and other details. You can program it to log automatically to removable media, if available.

I'll let you read for yourself.

Regards,
George

Thanks George