You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread June 27th, 2019, 04:47 AM   #1
Mihal33
Slovakia

RSNetWorks for DeviceNet via 1769-SDN with Schneider Altivar 340

Hello all,

I have a problem to set up correct configuration with Schneider Altivar 340 in RSNetWorks for DeviceNet, CPU is CompactLogix L33ER with DeviceNet modul 1769-SDN rev 4. I m always getting error 89 - tried to upload the ADR configuration and then download it again but it didnt helped. The Inputs and Outputs are mapped automaticly so I dont know where is the isue. The parameters of altivar can be uploaded or downloaded. If some had same issue and solved it pls help.

Thanks.
Mike
Unread June 27th, 2019, 11:08 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

To explain: most A-B DeviceNet scanners have a feature called "Auto Device Reconfiguration", which will save device parameters in the Scanner.

If a device makes a connection and its parameter checksum does not match the Scanner's saved parameters, the Scanner will load all of those parameters into the device. This allows you to quickly configure a replacement programmable device without getting out RSNetworx or a user manual.

Error 89 indicates that the Scanner was not able to write all of the saved parameters into the device.

This is usually because the device's EDS file (which tells RSNetworx what parameters to attempt to save) was not correctly written. Often a device cannot have certain parameters written in a certain mode, or it will wrongly list read-only parameters in the ADR parameter set.

Because AC drives have a large number of parameters and third-party EDS files are often not well tested against Rockwell's software tools, I would just disable ADR for this drive.

If it's critical for you to have ADR working, then please examine the error message log in RSNetworx carefully, and post a link to the EDS file for the Altivar drive.
Unread July 11th, 2019, 06:59 AM   #3
Mihal33
Slovakia

Hello Ken,

thank you for the quick response, I managed to get it work (Conf. assembly 20/70 or 21/71), but not with the communication configuration i wanted, first i used conf. Assembly (100/101) witch should required 8 bytes in and out, but there was the error 89. The auto idetification wasnt working correctly for this solution, because it automaticly was setting in and out parameter to 4 bytes witch is for the other two assembles. I ll try it later when i finish other project.

The EDS I used is from this page Schneider in EDS files v1.8
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum