You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 5th, 2019, 06:09 PM   #1
naturephoenix
Austria

Logging data with s7-1200 couple of days

Hello,

I have following hardware:

S71214C CPU, CP 1243-1 for IEC 104 and Energy meter Sentron PAC3200. My Client at very beginning wanted me to transfer data from Sentron PAC via IEC 104 to utility master.

Once we have performed that he wants me to provide data logger for couple of days ( let's say 5 days) 100Bytes. These 100 bytes needs to be saved every 20 sec somewhere. So in 5 days that would be 2.1MB of data. Here is 4MB Simatic memory card for s71200 CPU series

6ES7954-8LC02-0AA0 . Will this be enough for this task or I need something else to perform this?
My alternative7second solution would be to provide small touch panel with USB stick. In that case I would store data on USB stick and read it on Touch Panel first and later on PLC.

Do you guys have something more clever in mind?
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:30 PM   #2
Jieve
United States

If you want to store the data in the PLC, there are larger size cards available for the S7-1200 as well (24MB, 128, 256 and 1GB and probably others). You would save and store the data in load memory in the PLC. If you use the logging instructions, you can save to a csv file in the load memory and read and download directly from the webserver.

You could also do logging via HMI, and usb stick as suggested. At your time scale of 20 secs either would work fine.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum