adding weather data

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know how to add weather history automatically to an access db?
I want to display it on my reports page kind of like windows 10 does it on their calendar app.

We purchased an instrument that came with software that would allow you to select the db and insert the data at specified time increments. we used time, date, inside temp, inside humidity, outside temp, outside humidity, and a few other parameters. I cannot remember the brand and I was laid off. I know that it can be found with google. I will try to find it for you. lots to choose from. Google weather instrument for a pc.
James

Last edited:
I already have the ability to log all the items that you mention w/ my current hmi. I am interested in logging weather data from the web.

Weather.gov has a json api to fetch data. You can send a request and store the response, not sure if you have much experience with web services.

I once tried to use an api to do text messaging w/ my hmi and I tapped the **** out.
Anyone know if you can add an API to Indusoft?
It is supposed to support active X (ouch), and I can call an excutable or vb script.

IF you can parse the response in Indusoft, It would be trivial to open a URL on a frequency and simply parse the HTML response(in JSON or XML format) back and store in the DB.

Here's a sample response from one of the many API services on the net.

Code:
{"coord":{"lon":145.77,"lat":-16.92},"weather":[{"id":802,"main":"Clouds","description":"scattered clouds","icon":"03n"}],"base":"stations","main":{"temp":300.15,"pressure":1007,"humidity":74,"temp_min":300.15,"temp_max":300.15},"visibility":10000,"wind":{"speed":3.6,"deg":160},"clouds":{"all":40},"dt":1485790200,"sys":{"type":1,"id":8166,"message":0.2064,"country":"AU","sunrise":1485720272,"sunset":1485766550},"id":2172797,"name":"Cairns","cod":200}

From https://openweathermap.org/current

I'm hoping ASF chimes in at some point or send him a message. I recall he had a project at home and was pulling weather data from the Bureau Of Meteorology.