Factory talk view password

seth9976

I have built and edited many factory talk view projects and today i came across an odd situation. I restored a run time and when i went to open the run time in FTV its asking me for a user name and password. This is an ME version. I have deleted many passwords that keep you from converting a run time file but this one I'm not really sure about. has anyone ran across this issue before? Do you know where in the hex code you can get rid of this user name and password? Thanks for any input

Can you describe what you are seeing when the password is being asked for? The project itself can be password protected, but FactoryTalk can ask for a password to log onto the "local directory".

edit: I'm pretty sure that if the runtime itself were password protected, you wouldn't not be able to restore it.

Looks as if you are logging into a remote computer and that looks like its asking for the factory talk directory password. Have you tried your user credentials? We have a similar setup where i am and normally when this comes up its logging into the network directory as opposed to the local. If you have access rights to that remote computer your windows creds should work.

Is this the result of when you create the run time file, it asks if you want to password protect it? Probably an OEM making sure it's his blackbox.

That is a Log On for the FactoryTalk Directory. You can try one of two things....(on the remote computer)

1. If you are a Windows Administrator, enter your Windows user name and password. After this you may still be prompted again in the future.

2. Run the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard. Enter your Windows user name (must be an Admin) and password when prompted. You shouldn't see the log on message again.

OG

One thing, by default factorytalk security only allow logins from machines that have been added to the directory.
Also by default, In the case of RDP, it considers the machine you are coming FROM as that machine, not the machine you are remoted into.

If that is the case, ie you are RDPd from another machine(and haven't done this before and set everything up), then it is this setting that is probably blocking you.