Addressing / Buffering Point IO

ian.smith7

Hi all
I have a project to convert a Micrologix1500 with onboard IO and IO extension modules to a Compactlogix 5069_l306ER with 2 local 16point IO modules to replace the Onboard IO and the original IO extensions hanging on an AENTR.
I have run the SLC program through the Conversion Tool and created a CLX program (FW v31) and added the new IO.
The Local IO data structure is new to me so I have a question regarding addressing the .Data (Bool) part of the IO information so that I can Buffer the IO data using CPS instructions.

My first stab at setting up the CPS Instructions is
for the IPs
Source: Local:1:I.Pt00.Data[0] (Channel 0 Bool)
Dest: IP_Buffer_Loc_1.0 (bit 0 of a Dint)
Length 16

And for the OPs
Source: OP_Buffer_Loc_2.0 (bit 0 of a Dint)
Dest: Local:2:O.Pt00.Data[0]
Length: 16 (only copies bits 0 to 15 of the Dint)

or is there a better way to buffer the IO

Thanks
Ian

On the older CPLX systems, the I/O data was individual bit of a word or Dword.
Now on newer controllers they are stand alone bools.
So I don't think you can move them all at once anymore. You have to do each one individually. I use Structured text for the mapping. I have seen others do it with one rung of ladder per IO point. ST is faster.

Hi Ken
thanks for your reply.
Oh well back to the drawing board. at least I only have a few 16 bit IO cards to deal with
Cheers
Ian

You could create an aoi to do the moving of values into your dint bits. This way you only have to do the work once.