S7 300

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Where can you get a free copy of S7 Lite the Siemens site says its discontinued
I am hoping the small unit I have is under the 200 lines and I just want to make a small modification. Also what cable would I need. It is a 314 IFM and looks like a standard RS 232 9pin D. Appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction

The online port is an MPI port.
You would need a PC Adapter or similar to go online.

STEP7 V5.6 costs around 2200 €.
A somewhat more affordable alternative at 690 €:
https://www.ibhsoftec.com/epages/63444704.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63444704/Products/10020

They also have online adapters for MPI.

If you just have to make a small change to the program, instead of spending a lot of money on software and hardware and the time to figure out how to use it, how about contacting an integrator ?

oh by the way, seems we share the same family name :)

Last edited:
I think there is an additional problem with using TIA with the 314IFM.
As far as I know, you would have to migrate the original STEP7 V5x project to TIA. You cannot for example directly upload an S7-300 program to TIA, if the program on the CPU is generated by STEP7 V5x.
I believe so, not 100% sure, since I have no real experience with using TIA for S7-300.