MSG instruction in RsLogix 500 Error

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I have a set up where I’m using a SLC 5/05 communicating via Ethernet to a 22-comm-e which is housed in a Power flex 40. The first MSG instruction writes to the com integer address N41:3 time out of 5 sec. But I get an error that (hex) e6. I’m not sure what it means since the error is not explained in the Help file for the MSG instruction in RsLogix. See attachment. Can Any one explain what would cause this error?
Thanks

Firstly we need to send a time-out value to the drive (in seconds), before sending any control data. The N42:3 value normally defaults to 0, and so needs a non 0 value before it accepts any valid control data.
LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!
Ken I don't know how I have missed that I have like 3 copies of the RA technote you just posted. This just makes me so mad. Anyways thanks for the help. I’ll be getting off work in about an hour and I’ll be sure to change that and see how this works of. I’ll post back tomorrow.
Thanks again.