ABCIP.5 lost connection some time with 1756-L71 5570 Controller Rev.21.11

jonney

Environment:
MMI Side: Intouch 10, ABCIP.5 connects with one 1756-L71; ABTCP.1 connect with few PLC5 1785-40E
PLC side : 1756-L71 5570 Controller Rev.21.11, 1756-ENBT/A; PLC5: 1785-40E
Studio 5000 V21.00

Almost every half hour (random), I still see the Heart bit is still blinking on Intouch MMI, but the REAL/Float data are not updated. Some time,both Bits and Real data can't be updated.

I resolve the problem by Choosing "No optimization Mode" instead of default "Optimize for read". So far so good after the changes in 4 hours.

I read the ABCIP.5 manual, Page 111-112 is talking about the requirements . But on my side, the L5571 has firmware 21.11, so it does support "Optimized mode".

Anybody has similar case? Any more specific document can be refered for my problem?

Edited: PLC5 connections are always OK. I used ABTCP.1 connects to 3 PLC5 1785-40E.

Last edited:
oops, it stop updating the Intouch I/O REAL again even though the heart bit is blinking (bit data is updating but I/O Real data is not updating).
Now I clear the Intouch historical data and switch off the windows firewall to see any improvements.

Have you checked the resources on the ethernet card?

You can monitor some stuff on RSLinx like the attached pictures

The PLC has a max number of connections that can be active at once, across IO and programming. I don't expect that you have hit that. But you may have to manually increase your message buffers. We have not used Intouch for a few years so I don't know what they are using for their communications any more

The Ethernet card has limits as well, connections, buffers, and bandwidth. Which ethernet card are you using? 1756-ENBT. EN2T, etc. This would be where I would look first.

It's been a while since I have looked into this stuff. We spend a lot of effort making sure we don't exceed the communication limits on our ControlLogix

Have you checked the resources on the ethernet card?

You can monitor some stuff on RSLinx like the attached pictures

The PLC has a max number of connections that can be active at once, across IO and programming. I don't expect that you have hit that. But you may have to manually increase your message buffers. We have not used Intouch for a few years so I don't know what they are using for their communications any more

The Ethernet card has limits as well, connections, buffers, and bandwidth. Which ethernet card are you using? 1756-ENBT. EN2T, etc. This would be where I would look first.

It's been a while since I have looked into this stuff. We spend a lot of effort making sure we don't exceed the communication limits on our ControlLogix
We used 1756-ENBT/A which has good configuration.
Intouch 10 only read and write total 8 I/O Real data from L5571.

I think the problem comes from the known issue. But I am not so sure because I don't have the hotfix L00137689. I am contacting Wonderware support.

Last edited: