ProWorx Nxt on VMWare can't connect to PLC - "Device Timeout" TCPIP

Stankdaddy

I'm trying to get ProWorx NxT running on VMWare on a Win10 host. I've tried XP and NT Workstation 4.0 as the guest operating systems. When I got the timeout issue in XP, I figured I would try NT Workstation to see if it was a OS dependent issue. They both do the same thing. When I try to connect using TCP/IP, I type in the IP address, as soon as I click "OK", I get "Device Timeout". I've lengthened the timeout period to the maximum and it still times out immediately. I can ping the PLC and I get good replies so I know that I can reach it. I've turned off the firewall on both guest and host machines and that did the same thing. I've tried using NAT and bridged modes for the network adapter, it didn't do any good. I've gotten the software authorized/registered just in case it's related to as well, that didn't do the trick.

I tried calling Schneider tech support, but the software is End of Life and I'm also trying an unsupported implementation with the VMWare so they were of limited use to me.

Has anyone else come up against this issue? Any help anyone can provide would be wonderful.

:site:

What version of ProWorx NxT are you running?

I was having the same problem trying to connect with Proworx NxT Version 2.20 to an NOE771-01 module. I could connect to the processor over Modbus to the serial ports but I got Device Timeout every time I tried to connect via TCP/IP.

I fixed it by upgrading to ProWorx NxT Version 2.20 Special 8
You have upgrade to Special 6 first, then you can upgrade to Special 8.

Solution

What you did was exactly what I had to do. I contacted my Schnieder rep and told him what I was dealing with and he gave me the missing service packs that I needed. Once I was on the right SP, I was golden. Thanks for the reply and sorry I didn't update the thread.

What you did was exactly what I had to do. I contacted my Schnieder rep and told him what I was dealing with and he gave me the missing service packs that I needed. Once I was on the right SP, I was golden. Thanks for the reply and sorry I didn't update the thread.

I just chimed in to say I feel your pain. That and I hope to never have to code in that language ever again.

Remember when you were excited as heck when you finally got to use a mouse in AB. What was that software called. Early PLC5 dos days? 1995 ish?

Remember when you were excited as heck when you finally got to use a mouse in AB. What was that software called. Early PLC5 dos days? 1995 ish?

I'm fairly new to the game. My employer added another "role" to my job and it requires me to write and diagnose ladder logic. I came from a more conventional development and system admin background. All this stuff is new to me but it's fun when the tools work like their supposed to.

I'm fairly new to the game. My employer added another "role" to my job and it requires me to write and diagnose ladder logic. I came from a more conventional development and system admin background. All this stuff is new to me but it's fun when the tools work like their supposed to.

they rarely do, my friend. they rarely do.

I have been using automation software since 1996.
And just recently strugled to convert a VmWare Player image into an Oracle Box image because the So Machine code meter would discombobulate the Indusoft dongle.