Automation Consulting

Mousemania

Hello everyone,

My company is in need of a controls engineer, but they're being very picky about who they want to hire. From my perspective it looks like our system is going to implode before they realize how much we need someone, so I'm looking for firms who contract out controls engineers to do field support as a back up plan. Google has led me to a few companies but I was wondering if any of you could recommend any companies/individuals. We need lots of field support, system improvements, and our documentation is not in the best state either. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MouseMania > our documentation is not in the best state either

That will kill you quick.
Is it a lack of documentation of the components?
Or a lack of documentation on the machines?

Poet.

So our lack of documentation is due to both components and machines. Our company is a smaller start up where our CEO invented a new process of extracting oil from plants (currently being used with hemp with future goals of going into marijuana). This process is automated, and has a few motors and heaters. It's fairly small (compared to what I've seen in my past experience) and there is currently only one machine with the next generation being designed. Considering how new it is there's a lot of headway to be made on it. We need someone to support it because it is being used to produce product, and since it's new the documentation needs to be created in some areas and fixed in others. It's down a lot due to many old design flaws, and the fact that we don't know the lifetime of any parts. A lot of the parts are being changed on the newer version, so the documentation being made for the new one can't really be used on our current one.

Right now it's just one machine located in Boulder, CO, but as we grow the company plans to expand into other states and eventually have an entire fleet.

There are plenty of automation integrators in the Denver/Boulder area.

The one I have the most personal experience with is Concept Systems, as they've done work for my company all over the West Coast and Pacific Rim. Because they have presence in Oregon and Washington as well, they can support your machines in most of the other major West Coast markets where that kind of processing is done.

I'm not in the area, but do have lots of experience doing documentation / discovery on existing systems, evaluations for trouble areas, and of course troubleshooting. I'm in KS, so not too far away, though I'm sure there are some closer people to take on that sort of task.