ESA VT510 terminal communication problem

odonnea2

This might be a long shot as this software application is quite old but....
I've got an ESA VT510 terminal that is programmed using MS-DOS based VT EDS Software version 2.48.
I have a problem with connecting to the VT-510 as follows:

When trying to connect to the services mask on the VT the following error message appears
"Error in communication: No Characters Received" (See attached screen shot).

I am connecting using an AB-1747-CP3 Ser A RS-232 cable.
I am connected from the COM1 port on the PC to the COM0 port on the VT. Baud rate is set up as 9600 in the transmission parameters. The COM1 port on my PC is also set to 9600 baud.

There seems to be some good connection between the PC and VT as when I select "Connection with VT" and then "Services" the VT terminal automatically switches to the services page. However after a couple of seconds the same error message above will appear.
I have tried using two different RS-232 cables and the same error appears each time.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with these terminals.
Thanks in advance
Adrian

I have vt420 and vt600 esa panels but I couldnt find programming software
(vt-prog and vt-eds)If you have these software can you upload?

Best regards.

I had reported the issue to ESA'a technical support. Their response was as follows:

"N.B. Take a note that VTEDS is a SW developed for DOS environmental but that could run with O.S.
up to Windows 98, but in case of troubles, I suggest to use PC where is installed DOS O.S"

I was running the software on Windows NT initially. I was able to intsall the VT-EDS software and open and edit the terminal application on Windows NT but i had the aforementioned problems when trying to connect to the terminal. After i re-installed on a Windows 98 PC the download was successful.

The technical support team were very prompt in their response to me. Their email is
"ESA Customer Care" <[email protected]>

Hi Rohan Tandon,

How to install vtprog/vteds on WinXP ?
Every time I installed always appear message "Not legal path C:\..."

Thank you

I have VT510 and mitsuishi FX-32MR PLC

VT510 display is programmed with italian labels. I want to rename these labels to english.

Can anybody say to me is it possible to get the programm code from VT510, after that to rename labels, and to reprogram HMI again?

Can anybody send me programming software and programming cable schematic for ESA VT510 HMI display?

Please send it on my email: stojakovicv[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Hi Bardes,

I would just like to ask help on how to successfully install VTPROG application even if I am using an OS of Windows XP SP3. I am trying to run the setup files from VTPROG I have uploaded from rapidshare site using the DOSBOX Emulator but I am always encountering a setup error "Not Legal Path C:\VTPROG". Do you have any procedure that I can follow to properly set it up.

Many thanks and have a Happy New Year.

Hi warbuff08
1. Make a directory c:\dosbox
2. append to your autoexec.bat:
" mount c: c:\dosbox
cd c:\"
This will make the c drive for your program to install correct

Regards Bardes

Think this is the cable from pc to VT510

PC side VT side
9 pin female 25 pin male

3 -------------------------------------- 2
2 -------------------------------------- 3
5 -------------------------------------- 7
|_ 25

7 _ _ 4
8 _| |_ 5

6 _ _ 15
4 _| |_ 18

Hi.
I'm trying to upload the program from an ESA VT550.
The installation went ok but now wean I select vt550 on VT-EDS a message appears saying that the console isn't installed.
Can you help me?

Thanks