Dasabcip

PLCMANAGER

Having trouble with Wonderware seeing new tags in a Logix5000.
I have used the WWClient to poke a 1 to $SYS$Updatetaginfo.
However, I still see a error in diag. (Configuration error) but the tag appears to be setup correctly in Wonderware like the other 500 hundred in the project. I have restarted the computer and restated the daserver. :sick:

Odd

Yes in the SMC the tags show bad (Configuration error). However, the tags are the same as the other 500 that is working. Yes the DAServer is running and configured as Auto. Is there a length on the tag name, explain of one is RB_VSPUMP1RUNNING. I know it is not the underscore because other tags have the underscore in them.

I have the tag setup as
Tagname: RB_VSPUMP1RUNNING
I/O Discrete (in the processor it is a bool)
Read Only
Access Name is the name of my Node (PLCMCP)
Item name is same as tagname: RB_VSPUMP1RUNNING
I did make a different Group (RussellB)
o_Oo_O

In my experience DASABCIP sometimes does not pick up on new PLC tags. The fix is to rename the PLC tag (add a letter) and then rename it back to original.
Another possibility is that the PLC tags were created as program tags and not controller tags.

I've had issues with new tags being found, but restarting the server or rebooting always fixed it. Are you sure you are looking at the right scope, controller vs program, or the tags and access names are correct?

Several questions for you.

what version of Wonderware?
have you set the plc up in the Wonderware System Management Console?
WE are using wonderware ver 14, did you set the plc up in the console manager in the dasabcip.5 area?

james