Quick Designer 3.7

Received this email from Ryan this morning

I prefer to keep the discussion on the forum.
When I try to do a download from my Windows 7 computer running PME version 7 I sail through the backup creation without issues. But then it fails because I don't actually have a QP to download to. Thus it seems that the memory issue is in your computer rather than in the QP. Or else it is an issue with PME version 9.5. Are you running PME in a virtual machine? If so do you have enough memory allocated for it? Try installing to your base machine instead of the VM.
I'm running PME version 7.0 because that's the newest version I have a license dongle for. I would have to uninstall/reinstall version 9.5 to get it run in the four day grace period to see if I could duplicate your results and I still would not have a QP.
In the properties of the target, change the "Simulate" field from false to true and then try to download. That will try to download to the computer running PME.

The "Simulate" field was changes the TRUE and completed the task, but it did not download to the HMI. I'm guessing that was the point. What could I be missing?

Thanks

I suggested running the simulation as a test to see whether the insufficient memory message referred to the Quick Panel or the PC. I'm still not sure about that message.
Have you tried to download to the QP with the "Store to Panel" field set to False? Below is from Proficy Help about that parameter.
Store To Panel
If True, the original project files are stored on the QuickPanel unit when the project is downloaded. Later, you or other users can import the project directly from the QuickPanel unit. This can be useful if you ever lose the original project files on your computer's hard drive.
If False, the original project files are not stored on the QuickPanel unit. This will save storage space on the QuickPanel, but you will not be able to recover the project from the QuickPanel.

I suggested running the simulation as a test to see whether the insufficient memory message referred to the Quick Panel or the PC. I'm still not sure about that message.
Have you tried to download to the QP with the "Store to Panel" field set to False? Below is from Proficy Help about that parameter.

I did this and it establishes connection, however I now get this in the Feedback Zone and then PME crashes:

Connection Established.
Reading protocol version information.
Reading Machine ID.
Readinf executable version information.
System program up to date.

The Project parameters are as follows:

Name: Target1
Type: QuickPanel
Description:
Doc. Address:
Simulate: False
Model: 10.5" Color (QPI-3xxxx)
Target Resolution: 640 by 480 pixels
Store to Panel: False
Use Touch Panel: False
Intial Screen: Main
Screen Saver T/O: 0
Beeper: Enable
Keypad Attached: False
Printer Port: None
Panel Trigger Variable: N7_10
Write Screen Changes: True
Print Trigger Variable:
Panel Confirm Var.:
WatchDog Variable:
WatchDog Timeout: 0
Force Exec. D/L: False
Computer D/L Port:
COM Port: COM2
Baud Rate: 115000
Check Dup. Proxy Var.: False

Is COM2 a real serial port or a USB/serial converter. If a converter, did you use the same hardware when you uploaded from the QP into Quick Designer?
It's possible your QP firmware is incompatible with PME. To verify that you may need to open a case with GE tech support.

Is COM2 a real serial port or a USB/serial converter. If a converter, did you use the same hardware when you uploaded from the QP into Quick Designer?
It's possible your QP firmware is incompatible with PME. To verify that you may need to open a case with GE tech support.

It is a USB/serial converter that then connects to the DIN connector cable model number GPW-CB02.

The USB/serical converter was used to rescue the files off to then bring the .prj files into PME.

Very confusing. We do not have a GE contact here in Las Vegas, NV. What is my option with this?

Hello guys, I hope all of you are well and safe. Is it possible to upload the trial file of quick designer software again??? I have a machine with a damaged HMI touchscreen. I want to download the program and put it back to a new HMI and I havent' found the download yet. Seems to be pretty difficult to find this program.

Thank you very much and I really appreciate your support.

If at all possible I would appreciate the link to upload that trial for QuickDesigner :) I have 3 "very old" panels and not a single thing was saved by my predecessor if they go down...

THANKS!

I am having issues loading a quickpanel older model qpictde with the .prj file that was supplied. Everytime I try to import the file into quick designer I am getting an error "i". Can anyone please help me with this. i had a vm running windows 2k and i have an older xp machine but not with administrator privledges. Had an outside programmer asking to remote in and after that now my vm for w2k is not working properly. The old screen starts up andn then the LED goes from green to orange on the front and nothing works. I can change the tag value in the PLC program and the screen will change, but no inputs from touchscreen work. I have purchased a programming cable and a quickpanel qpictde0000a and have the prj file. can anyone help.

Quick Design Software

I am looking for a copy of Quick Design software.
All the links here seem to be old and not working...
Can anyone send me a link?

Scot

Quick Design Software

Hey all,

I too and running into an old QuickDesigner issue and need a link to download V3.7. Similar to Scot's post, all of the above links are either no longer available, or one shows as 'premium access only'.

Can someone please post a link to download a trial of QD V3.7?

Thank you!