I will be replacing Jack Johnson

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
Hydraulics and Pneumatics magazine has chosen me to be the ne technical contributor. I will be replacing Jack Johnson that wants to concentrate on modeling hydraulic pumps.

Jack and I were in synch with much of Jack's work. The main difference between us is that Jack came from the view of an educator whereas I have the perspective of having sold over 100,000+ axes of hydraulic control.

This will be interesting for Hydraulics and Pneumatics magazine and me.
I have my biases. I also feel a little trapped between writing articles that the people will understand and yet not giving away too much information about what makes our hydraulic motion controller so successful. (Trade Secrets)

However, by now most of you should have figured out that I am really a control theory guy and hydraulic controls is just a small part of control theory so I will be able to answer common questions about PID control.
What I don't like is not being provided with all the information to make a statement or contribution. In these cases I will remain silent until the required information is provided. I just don't have time to play 20 questions anymore.

congrats. I always enjoy reading your posts. I am sure you will do a great job and provide valuable insight to their customer base.

The point is "What do you want to read?"
The schedule will be for about 1 article for every 6 weeks. I will need suggestions.

Jack Johnson like to write about the modeling pumps and valves.
I can't get to excited about the modeling the internals of a pump when I don't have the data to model the pump or the reader doesn't have a way to use the information. I will address this sometime.

Some articles will be applications articles. We have sold well over 100,000 control loops. Chances are we have done and I can write about whatever you want.

One article I know I will write will be PLCs vs motion controllers. There are still a lot of people that try to do hydraulic servo control with PLCs. Especially in China. I would assume other places in the world too.

I will have my biases. :)

The first article is due 15 Jan.

I am not getting paid. I am doing this just like I made my Peter Ponder's PID videos. I don't get money from those videos. I am just trying to share the info and maybe raise the high bar a bit.

I hope you will still find the time to contribute here as well. I for one very much appreciate your contributions on this forum. Congrats on the "new hat".