OT: are 52a and 52b (Aux contacts) an ANSI standard?

I don't have a link to the standard, but when I did fossil/hydro work, anything "52" had to do with switchyard OCB's:
52CS - breaker control switch
52a - N.O. breaker aux
52b - N.C. breaker aux

thats the type of info I need.
I've found that 52Y is anti-dumping relay.
Anybody else work with these.
Somebody mentioned checking the IEEE red book?

Its for following prints on 13.8KV motor vacuum breakers.

thanks,
Brian.

If you do not need all of the specifics for each number, but rather want general descriptions, try a protective relay manufacturer like Beckwith.

Brian, the 52Y is actually referred to as the anti-PUMP relay. This circuit will prevent the breaker from reclosing if the close signal is held on and the breaker either trips free or receives the trip signal after the close. It is designed to prevent the breaker from cycling open-close-open-close (ie pumping) if the operator holds the close in the on position.

By the way, the standard is the ansi C37.2 and can also be found in the IEEE red book.

Bruce

Last edited: