Project Management

Greg Dake

Greetings,

This is a little OT, but most of us manage projects in some capacity.

I'm familiar with a lot of the project management software out there, MSProject, Central Desktop, etc...

Does anyone know of a web based (on our webserver) project management application that's free? There has to be something out there. I'm just looking for something to kick the tires on...

I'm looking for something that can do the following:

-Manage timelines and create Gantt charts.
-I'm not looking for document management, we already have that.
-I'm really looking for multiple project collaboration between several people (about 8).
-Simple reporting.
-Integration with Datastream 7i (our CMMS) (would be nice, but not necessary)

I'm just curious to see what others are using for project management software. I know there will be a wide variety, anything from a simple spreadsheet, to Visio, MSProject, web based apps, etc....Just looking for some feedback. We're looking to integrate something in the near future for project collaboration and management.

TIA,

Greg

Last edited:
My first port of call when looking for free windows software is this web site:
http://osswin.sourceforge.net/

If you click on the office tools heading, you will find in that list the following project management tools:
- gnattproject
- Open Workbench
- OpenProj

One of these may give you what you want.

I've "kicked the tires" on OpenProj (http://openproj.org/) Seems very capable. The only limitation for what we do is that you can't allocate resources over multiple projects with the free version. I guess that's why it's free :ROFLMAO:

The Project On Demand looks like it would do it but I don't manage projects anymore so I stopped looking.