1734 Aent and Security modules

Tarlo

Hi, i'm working with an Allen Bradley L61 processor and 1734 Aent/A module.
There is a limit of security modules to be connected on 1734 aent?

Thank you

Are you talking about Safety modules IB8S and OB8S?
It is limited by AENT connections (20).
Each output module uses two connections
Each input module uses one or two connections (configurable)

Another limitation will be 5V bus power and field power
You may need to add EP24 and/or FPD module(s)

Last edited:
Yes i'm talking about Safety modules IB8S and OB8S.

After your answer i have tried to search the information about connections' limit but i can't find them. Also i can't find how to configure IB8S's connections.

Instead I found the informations about bus power and field power.

Thank you very much for your help.

There are multiple technotes in RA Knowledgebase regarding Point Safety configuration and general FAQs

By default IB8S uses two connections with Output Connection set as "Test Output". You can change it to "None" to reduce connection size to 1.

As a result you will not be able to use Tx outputs as a "Standard Output". All other Tx modes will be OK.
But you have to reserve one connection per adapter for "configuration" and set adapted conenction to NONE (insteead of Rack optimization) if no standard digital modules used.

Let me clarify one important thing that I missed:

L61 controller can not control IB8S or OB8S
You must have L61S (or L62S/L63S) Guardlogix controller

Yes, is a L61S, i was wrong to write.

Thanks for your help, now I understand why he gave me memory full error and I solved it.