OT: WAY OT... How small we are

More likely those show a headdress and/or indicate that the person is someone regarded as important or a leader, not a space suit helmet.

I can just imagine a UFO/Alien documentary two thousand years from now analyzing a 13th century woodcut and insisting that the halo the artist carved to indicate which character was a saint was actually a space helmet on an ancient astronaut... :unsure: ...oh wait, don't they do that already?

If an intelligent life form orbiting a near star (Sirius is 9 million light years away) was looking at the earth though a powerful telescope what would he see? Primitive mammals, but no hominids - not even apes.

If the observer were on a planet 65 million years ago and looked at earth he would see dinosaurs!
Sirius is only 9 light years away, but your point is still valid, just pick a different star ;-)

Gene Roddenberry believed the human race originated from somewhere else. Perhaps we are an outpost that 'they' forgot about.

Gene Roddenberry believed the human race originated from somewhere else.
I think that has a high probability. It explains why the modern Cro-Magnon human suddenly appeared among the more primitive Neanderthal version. Possibly the first Cro-Magnons had some highly sophisticated tools and equipment that allowed the initial group to survive until they could adapt and learn to make stone tools as their metal tools wore out or were lost.

I remember reading that the case for a battery was found in one of the Egyptian tombs. What use could they have had for batteries?

I don't understand the importance of the Aerodynamic windows, but it looks cool.

Simple rule of thumb to sort sci-fi art from workable concept art: Anytime you see spacecraft renderings where the decks are parallel to the thrust axis it is just sci-fi art.

The picture is 100% b.s. designed to enhance budget prospects and appeal to the general uneducated public as NASA hunts for relevance.

Another clue that even NASA knows it is complete BS: that thing is missing the massive radiators that will be required. The NASA scientists know that. So this is just an attention getting stunt, and IMO we should feel like they are insulting our intelligence. But we won't, because it does look cool.

Last edited:
and IMO we should feel like they are insulting our intelligence.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's insulting. I say if making it look shiny convinces lawmakers to fund space travel then shine on. Plus you can't be all up in the universe in a flying Winnebago now can ya?

I think that has a high probability. It explains why the modern Cro-Magnon human suddenly appeared among the more primitive Neanderthal version. Possibly the first Cro-Magnons had some highly sophisticated tools and equipment that allowed the initial group to survive until they could adapt and learn to make stone tools as their metal tools wore out or were lost.

I remember reading that the case for a battery was found in one of the Egyptian tombs. What use could they have had for batteries?

itwasaliens-300x262.jpg

Wait, are you saying that there is some possibility that humans could have came from somewhere other than here?

Gene Roddenberry believed the human race originated from somewhere else. Perhaps we are an outpost that 'they' forgot about.
Nope, if one look at the micro biological evidence, aka, genes. We share vast stretch of DNA with all other animals on this planet.

ya, I listen to too much science podcasts while driving.

Nope, if one look at the micro biological evidence, aka, genes. We share vast stretch of DNA with all other animals on this planet.

ya, I listen to too much science podcasts while driving.

Anyway that could emply that all life on Earth has the same designer.

We share vast stretch of DNA with all other animals on this planet.
That doesn't rule out anything but shows that all life here probably started with similar DNA.

It could be that all life in this universe shares some DNA due to planetary colonization (or from having a common creator).

Last edited:
Anyway that could emply that all life on Earth has the same designer.

One could argue that a "creator" possibly intervened to ignite the first life form on the planet, however there are a great deal of facts that would have to be explained away that would not well support a "designer" using a common theme so to speak to have created multiple species simultaneously.

You would first have to explain away the fact that all organisms harbor a lot of "junk" DNA that has long ago ceased to express. Left over baggage from times past.

You would have to explain away why a creator would design things with flaws or inferior traits. A great example of this is the eye. For one, the human eye from a bio-mechanical perspective is very poorly designed. The receptors are facing the wrong way, upside down, and the way the ocular nerve is connected creates a large blind spot that is only filtered out by our brains. A common flaw throughout all vertebrates. You would have to explain why there are over 50 genetically distinct ocular strains across various species branches, some performing much better than others in regards to focus, ability to sense color, ability to sense a broader light spectrum, etc.

You would have to explain away the genetic breadcrumbs laid down in our DNA that outlined the branches of the phylogenetic tree that record the trail of speciation.

You would have to explain away how there is very little correlation between the size and complexity of a species DNA sequence and the actual observed sophistication of the species. A Japanese flower Paris japonica has 49 billion base pairs (roughly 50 times the size of the human genome).

You would have to explain why all life on this planet only uses left handed amino acids to build proteins.

You would have to explain away evolution in general, which is demonstrated in our DNA, the fossil record, radiometric dating in conjunction with plate tectonics and geological stratification. The mechanism that forms our most fundamental understanding of biochemistry and the processes of organic life, which without that understanding our current technical advances in bio-engineering and medicine would not even be possible.

It all boils down to Occam s Razor really.

We can speculate all day whether we were "seeded" by aliens, but lets face it, all that does is shift the problem. Something would have had to occur for their start at some place and some time. It's a fun idea to entertain. Certainly plausible, but there is no compelling reason to believe it over other theories outside of personal preference.

As far as cave paintings of aliens, I've seen many. The problem with those is the same with interpreting any piece of art from any time. You tend to to see what you are looking for. Some might see helmets. Others might see a tribal headdress or mask. Where one imagines a spaceship, another might see only a canoe. Makes for good fodder for science fictions novels, but not compelling evidence that we are being visited.