Question on AB 1762–IF4 Analog input module saturated

jay mason

Question on AB 1762–IF4 Analog input module
Trying to figure out why I see 40ma when reading the current inline with the analog card.
I have a load cell with a 4 to 20ma signal and the signal conditioner is set up to split the signal as the force is cycled between compression and tension the zero should be 12.0ma and I read 13 ma at zero and when I press the shunt cal on the signal conditioner I should see 19 ma I get 40ma on the meter and 32768 counts on the plc.
I replaced the 1762–IF4 and I still see the same thing.
Any ideas as to what I am missing?
Thank you
Jay Mason

The IF4 is an input device. It won't generate a current. You have two independent devices that would appear to be indicating your actual current is in excess of 20mA. I would look at your signal conditioner.

Keith