New ControlLogix 5580 MSG path?

See attached files

Hi:

I have no Knowledgebase contract with Rockwell, So I had to find it out by myself.

In my case I am writing from a 5069-L340ER to a 1769-L30ER.

I have only one IP address in my 5069.

Best regards,

William

Comm Msg Config.jpg config 2.jpg

I'll try and be "Compact"!...or not?...

Hi widelto,

Not to confuse the issue here but it looks like we can't seem to get away from this Dual IP Mode, or the CompactLogix controllers in general? This is the confusion I was all too afraid of happening here...

Remember, this thread was started specifically for a 5580 L8x ControlLogix processor message path query. The only reason the 5069 CompactLogix controllers were mentioned was in reference to the port numbers that we already knew they used and whether or not the L8x ControlLogix might also use one of them. The OP was not looking for confirmation on which port number you assign for a 5069 dual port CompactLogix controller. We sort of already knew that.

The main reason I am pointing this out is because I feel your post may be misinterpreted by others as "I have tested and it is "3" we must use for the port number", and not "2", which we have already confirmed is correct, and correct for an L8x ControlLogix at that. You might not have meant it that way but it is one way it might be interpreted. But can you see the confusion it might be causing here?

I'm just thinking of future readers here, that's all. I blame Firejo, he started it! :ROFLMAO: But it is our/my fault for banging on about them too much.

Again, the correct port number to use for a 5580 L8x ControlLogix processor message path is: 2, <destination IP address>

..and as kindly confirmed by Ken, "the man"...

Listen to the words long written down
When the man comes around

G.