Fixing RS Logix Emulate lost controller

patjdixon

I am hoping this post will prevent the hour of frustration and lost productivity I just endured.

For several months I have been using RS Logix Emulate after many pitfalls. This morning it was working perfectly. At the airport I thought I would test some logic. I tried opening Emulate and it took an unusually long time. At some point I had a message "Windows firewall has blocked some features of this program". At the time my wifi was enabled but had not connected. I do not know if that has anything to do with the problems.

When Emulate finally came up, the controller that was previously in slot 0 was blank. I tried creating the module but was unable to (see image 1)

I found that this is a known problem (https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36238). 4 solutions are presented. I tried solution 1, which is a regedit. The problem is that there is no guidance on what to do (see image 2)

I then resorted to solution 2 to repair the install. This failed (see image 3)

I finally went to the second part of solution 2, which was uninstall, delete the registry key, and reinstall. Errors were encountered but it fixed it (see image 4)

rockwell_emulate_controllerslotlost_post_1.jpg rockwell_emulate_controllerslotlost_post_2.jpg rockwell_emulate_controllerslotlost_post_3.jpg rockwell_emulate_controllerslotlost_post_4.jpg