maple systems question

merlin00724

we are about to buy a new liquid filling machine. the spec sheet says it has a maple systems touch screen installed. i am unfamiliar with them. could anybody get me up to speed on this brand of equipment. good/bad, reliability, price for replacement, how do they compare to a/b panelview? also i am not finding any software for purchase to maintain or program these systems. is it unavailable to public???? thanks for your help as always

Maple Systems Silver Series and Silver Series Plus OITs are great units. They are reasonably priced and highly functional. In my opinion, they are way better than the PanelView. I installed one on a machine last year because the PanelView was $2300.00 and the Maple Systems HMI530T was only $1100.00 dollars. The employees of that department convinced management to allow me to change out the remaining seven OITs because they like the clarity and size of the Maple Systems.

The software is called EZ500 and cost about $75.00, which is a full site license complete with tech support. You can get it and a programming cable from your local rep. The software takes a little getting used to, but once you learn it you can do some things that you can't do with a standard panelview.

Regards