Siemens HMI issue

I will go against my principles and post anyway. I am in a good mood.

You cant use the TP27-10 for anything.

You cant convert the MP370 program without the source code.

With a bit of luck, you can get an image off the panel and load onto an exactly similar panel.
I think that getting the image onto a CF card will be very difficult or practically impossible. You have to press certain touch keys blindly.
But to get an image of the panel with Prosave should be possible. The panel has an IP address, so if you are lucky the panel is setup to go to transfer mode by remote control. If not, you may have to press a certain touch area just after startup before the runtime starts.
Once you have the image you can download it to a new MP370 12" Touch. This panel is out of production, but you can find them on ebay. There are 2 now at 7000 and 7500 USD each.

edit: Search ebay for the type no 6AV6545-0DA10-0AX0 and you will find more and less expensive ones for sale.

Last edited:
On the Siemens support site, download PROSAVE and backup the system, then restore it to the replacement (same) device. In your case a MP370. However, getting a 370 from Siemens will be expensive, you may want to put some effort into getting the Flex project source so you can upgrade to a newer unit (MP377).

On the Siemens support site, download PROSAVE and backup the system, then restore it to the replacement (same) device. In your case a MP370. However, getting a 370 from Siemens will be expensive, you may want to put some effort into getting the Flex project source so you can upgrade to a newer unit (MP377).

You can't download a free copy of Prosave from Siemens anymore. Problems with legal issues. This is what they say.

I would upload with prosave. (Serial cable)I believe it is bundled with protool and wincc flexible.

I do have a downloaded copy of prosave and will email if it isnt too big.

You will need an identical display to upload to.

I do have some UK automation company contacts that deal in Siemens redundant stuff.

Siemens HMI Issue

It's been an age since this was posted but thought I'd assist someone in the future!

Just had this issue on one of mine and started to panic as the backup was on a CF and never tested.

Before I sent out needed to pull a backup but couldn't as the screen was white... :unsure:

Thought i'd remove the back cover and have a looky see. Disconnected one of the back light cables (top one) and tried it again. Bingo all good. It must have failed to full brightness so it was all there but couldn't be seen.

Since performed a backup!

Hope it helps someone in the future....

White screen

It's been an age since this was posted but thought I'd assist someone in the future!

Just had this issue on one of mine and started to panic as the backup was on a CF and never tested.

Before I sent out needed to pull a backup but couldn't as the screen was white... :unsure:

Thought i'd remove the back cover and have a looky see. Disconnected one of the back light cables (top one) and tried it again. Bingo all good. It must have failed to full brightness so it was all there but couldn't be seen.

Since performed a backup!

Hope it helps someone in the future....

Hi, Dan Hillier!
I'm someone from the future and it helped.
My Siemens KTP 600 was showing the white screen every time I plugged it in.
I unplugged the backlight connector and it worked like a charm. I plugged it back in and it still works.
So thanks!
Just like you I registered just to post 1 comment.

Maybe this will help or not, Some years ago we had a TP27 with a smashed touch screen, although it was working but no touch. I uploaded the application as a backup with prosave and we ordered another from the supplier of the machine this came at a horrendous cost over 5 grand and as the TP27 was obsolete we had no choice. I took the panel apart and managed to find the manufacturer of the touch element, phoned them and they told me I could not order off them and it was now obsolete, they gave me a number of a company that might have some old stock, That company provided me with two (last of their stock) at £50 each. Fitted the new touch screen & hey presto a backup. I did not use it but we did have another system that failed and as I already had taken a backup with prosave, downloaded it & all was well again. It may be a good idea to check for a loose connection etc. as sometimes the connectors can come loose. Had this on another HMI's, one was a potentiometer that was a bit dicky and causing the screen to go white, tweaked it a bit off the bad spot, another where again could not fit a pot for contrast but a selection of resistors to play with to get the right contrast & all fine again.