OP25 / OP27 screen problems.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

some time ago Siemens had problems with their OP25 panels. After some time black lines would appear on the screen. The number of black lines would increase over the time until the screen would be totally unreadable. Siemens officially acknowledged the problems and arranged a replacement for all the "bad" panels. The reason for the whole thing was blamed on a bad production run at a subsupplier.

But now I am experiencing the SAME PROBLEM on several OP27 panels !
Does this mean that it is starting over again ?
And it is not helpful either that production of both OP25 and OP27 has stopped. To use the replacement OP270 requires quite a few modifications being made to the user program. I am foreseeing a nightmare. :eek:

My question:
Do others out there experience problems with the OP27 ?

screen problem op27 (hey what`s going on brothers)

Hi, this is my firts day on forum.My problem is that on op27 screen , the repit image and it`s cut in the right side, My question is, Where is the problem?
Thanks for your answers

I dont quite understand what you mean by "the repit image and it`s cut in the right side". But I take that something is seriously wrong with the display (black or blank area, or black stripes).
Only remedies:
Send it to Siemens for repair.
Or exchange it with a new OP27 or OP270-6 (*).

*: Exchanging the OP27 with OP270-6 will require that the application is converted in Protool.

Jesper, I have seen a similar problem. How I fixed it was to use the loader and updated the firmware in the TP270. If you never done it, use a program called PTupdate.exe under \images subfolder in your Protool directory.

RRobbins,
the way you describe it, it sounds like a serious problem with the system software.

The problem I had with OP25/OP27 was definitely with the hardware.
The problems were most severe after a long shutdown, after the panel was started up it would slowly get better until the stripes had almost disappeared. I suspect that the real problem was with humidity messing with a connector between the motherboard and the screen.

But if I get a problem like this with one of the newer panels, then I will definitely try out your tip before sending the panel to Siemens for repair. :)

edit:
ivancano can try out your suggestion.
There should be a three-fingered key combination when you start up the OP27 that allows you to clear the memory completely.
When subsequently downloading the application from Protool, the firmware will be downloaded as well.

edit again:
The key combination is: ESC + ARROWRIGHT + ARROWUP.

edit 3rd time:
The key combination is: ESC + ARROWRIGHT + ARROWDOWN.
(thanks to RR for correcting me).

Last edited:
I thought it was DOWN, RiGHT, ESC. while powering it up. You need three hands and stand on your left foot, hopping..........