Studio 5000 Logix Emulate - Is this a free software with RS Logix 5000 or support ?

Wrong. You can keep io in controllogix. When changing from CpLX to emulate it's not a choice, it will remove io for you.

Keep IO in ControLogix?!...What are you talking about?!...ControlLogix is a PLC!...The Emulator is a PLC!...How do you 'use an Emulator in ControlLogix'?!..Or CompactLogix?!...

Replace the CPU in the software application?...Software...S o f t w a r e...There is only one software...RSLogix 5000 or Studio5000/Logix Designer...

So, again, what are you talking about?!...RSL5K 'Lite'?...That is not 'CompactLogix'!...That is a cheaper license of RSL5K software which works only with the CompactLogix processor family...

Either way, RSL5K Standard Edition (or 'higher') or Lite Edition (or 'lower'), there is no 'real' IO in any Emulator application...Just 'simulated' (1789-SIM-) modules in the Emulator chassis and 'virtual' 1756-Generic in the RSL5K/Logix Designer software application...

Keep IO in ControLogix?!...What are you talking about?!...ControlLogix is a PLC!...The Emulator is a PLC!...How do you 'use an Emulator in ControlLogix'?!..Or CompactLogix?!...

Replace the CPU in the software application?...Software...S o f t w a r e...There is only one software...RSLogix 5000 or Studio5000/Logix Designer...

So, again, what are you talking about?!...RSL5K 'Lite'?...That is not 'CompactLogix'!...That is a cheaper license of RSL5K software which works only with the CompactLogix processor family...

Either way, RSL5K Standard Edition (or 'higher') or Lite Edition (or 'lower'), there is no 'real' IO in any Emulator application...Just 'simulated' (1789-SIM-) modules in the Emulator chassis and 'virtual' 1756-Generic in the RSL5K/Logix Designer software application...

I'm talking about your comment: "you will have to delete all 'real' IO prior to downloading to the Emulator CPU." That is not correct. If using CLX, you don't have to delete IO to download. I have tested with Powerflex drives in my tree. Now, obviously they won't work because the drives AREN'T THERE, but surely nobody is that ignorant. CpLX is different. After you change the processor the software will delete all IO for you. I think you are hyper-focused on the 'real' IO thing. I'm telling you your comment on deleting IO is wrong. That's it.

If using CLX, you don't have to delete IO to download.

You are not using ControlLogix anymore!...You just replaced it with an Emulator!...The software application is RSLogix 5000 no matter the CPU type...The predefined I/O is different...

CpLX is different. After you change the processor the software will delete all IO for you.

CompactLogix is not 'different'...There is no CompactLogix anymore!... It doesn't matter what CPU you were initially using; replacing it with an Emulator or any other CPU will require deleting of the predefined IO which did not get deleted by simply changing the processor type.

The point I was making was the limited functionality of an Emulator when testing real systems...You cannot use the original I/O at all...Whether automatically or manually deleted is a moot point...It is not the original controller type what matters but the I/O type...The 'real' kind...:D

If you are trying to make a point please learn how to quote the statements you disagree with in your replies rather than claiming the entire post is wrong...And that RSLogix 5000 does not care what CPU you put at the top of the project...It will just let you know what you could or cannot do in your user application...:D

You are not using ControlLogix anymore!...You just replaced it with an Emulator!...The software application is RSLogix 5000 no matter the CPU type...The predefined I/O is different...

CompactLogix is not 'different'...There is no CompactLogix anymore!... It doesn't matter what CPU you were initially using; replacing it with an Emulator or any other CPU will require deleting of the predefined IO which did not get deleted by simply changing the processor type.

The point I was making was the limited functionality of an Emulator when testing real systems...You cannot use the original I/O at all...Whether automatically or manually deleted is a moot point...It is not the original controller type what matters but the I/O type...The 'real' kind...:D

If you are trying to make a point please learn how to quote the statements you disagree with in your replies rather than claiming the entire post is wrong...And that RSLogix 5000 does not care what CPU you put at the top of the project...It will just let you know what you could or cannot do in your user application...:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

I will leave it at that...

... you will have to delete all 'real' IO prior to downloading to the Emulator CPU.
Working with ControlLogix appplications, I don't delete the IO, just inhibit each module to avoid "connection request time out" errors. That way I can use the memory tables declared for the modules (toogling inputs or writing analog values).

Emulator.png

An I would leave it at:

There is no ControlLogix Emulator or CompactLogix Emulator; only a Logix5000 Emulator...

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lgem5k-gr016_-en-p.pdf

Ok, if my project starts it's life as CLX, I don't have to delete IO when I emulate. If you want to, fine... go for it. But, you don't have to and you keep insisting that you do. You seem fixated on semantics and manuals. Great, you are still wrong in saying that you have to delete IO. If my project starts life as CpLX then the IO will be removed for me. Perhaps it's me, but I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Working with ControlLogix appplications, I don't delete the IO, just inhibit each module to avoid "connection request time out" errors. That way I can use the memory tables declared for the modules (toogling inputs or writing analog values).

Yep...That works too...Motion Groups need to be deleted though...There is 'labor' involved when converting to an Emulator...

Since I always map RSL5K/Logix Designer IO, for logic needing to be tested I first create an Emulator project (containing all the functional, to be IO mapped tags) and then switch controllers and add the IO and any eventual Motion. I 'manipulate' the relevant tags within the Tag Editor.

You seem fixated on semantics and manuals.

Semantics are very important when professionally conveying information and manuals are fundamental for acquiring of said professional information...'Monkey-see-Monkey-do' (YouTube style) will get you only so far...

Semantics are very important when professionally conveying information and manuals are fundamental for acquiring of said professional information...'Monkey-see-Monkey-do' (YouTube style) will get you only so far...

You are very correct, however you also have to be correct in your comments, which in this thread, you haven't.

You are very correct, however you also have to be correct in your comments, which in this thread, you haven't.

Oh boy...Quote the statement you have an issue with...Or learn how to do it...You have to delete Motion and/or IO when converting to an Emulator...Some IO connections could be inhibited...Some cannot...Some will be deleted when switching the CPU (good luck with IO Alias Tags or directly referenced IO!)...The 'forest' is the fact that Logix5000 Emulators cannot read from/write to physical IO...That was the point of my comment...You cannot functionally 'replicate' a real system but verify for code functionality...Delete/Inhibit is a 'tree'...Either option renders the configured 'real' IO non-existent from the Emulator CPU's perspective...

All your statements in this thread (up until, hopefully, studying the manual within the posted link) are based on the misconception (or lack of knowledge) that there are ControlLogix Emulators and CompactLogix Emulators...Moreover...You wrongly believe that ControlLogix RSLogix 5000/Logix Designer applications are 'different' then CompactLogix ones...They are not...They all are Studio 5000/Logix Designer(.ACD) files containing different hardware configurations...Period...

...Ypyyy...:p...Now we're getting somewhere...Thanx...

Edit to my previous post:"...you need to delete or inhibit all 'real' IO (if not already gone) prior to downloading to the Emulator CPU..."

Standing 'incomplete' in my statement...:D...Mea Culpa...:oops:

How 'bout that CompactLogx Emulator vs. ControlLogix Emulator thing?...:unsure:...Any comments?

"...you need to delete or inhibit all 'real' IO (if not already gone) prior to downloading to the Emulator CPU..."
Still not correct, you don't need to delete or inhibit. It's no different than downloading to a real processor. You will get errors, but for most IO, nothing is preventing you from downloading. I say most, because I do realize there are some exceptions.

How 'bout that CompactLogx Emulator vs. ControlLogix Emulator thing?...:unsure:...Any comments?

Already explained that. You stated there is no difference. I said that there is. Take a CLX application and change the processor to emulate. The IO will remain. Take a CpLX application and change the processor to emulate. The IO will be removed. Now, changing from CpLX to CLX will have the same result. So, not necessarily an emulate effect, but it's something that makes emulating CpLX a real pain.