When is a PV550 ready?

The easiest way would be to set the power up screen to a company logo screen or such. When the plc see's the logo screen it tells the pview to goto a main screen. Once the plc see's the pview is at the main screen be sure to set the screen control tag to zero when you are done, if you are not using it in the main plc program.

Steve

Steve Meisel said:
The easiest way would be to set the power up screen to a company logo screen or such. When the plc see's the logo screen it tells the pview to goto a main screen. Once the plc see's the pview is at the main screen be sure to set the screen control tag to zero when you are done, if you are not using it in the main plc program.

Steve

Thanks Steve

How does the PLC "SEE" the logo screen?

Can you elaborate a bit on the screen control tag and what it does?

Thanks
John

Sounds familar...

Here is a link to a recent topic about Panelview's Status/Control tags. The original question was about date/time but the same applies for the screen number.

From Steve:

The easiest way would be to set the power up screen to a company logo screen or such . When the plc see's the logo screen (The PLC reads a predetermined location in the Panelview {aka, status tag} which tells it {the PLC} which screen the PV is currently displaying) it tells the pview to goto a main screen (The PLC commands a new screen number to be displayed {by writing to a control tag}). Once the plc see's the pview is at the main screen (The screen the panelview says it is displaying matches the one the PLC commanded it to) be sure to set the screen control tag to zero when you are done (Which allows the PV to again control which screen is displayed), if you are not using it in the main plc program.

WARNING! This is only my interpretation of what Steve said. Although it's pretty close, I'm not a Panelview guru. If I am in error, someone please post a correction.

Both replys are good.
I will elaborate some more.
Under Application Settings look the Status Tags and Control Tags.
Under the Status Tag use the Screen Number Tag. This tag is the register in the plc that the panelview will write which screen is currenty being viewed.
Under the Control Tag use the Screen Number Tag. This will be a differant address than the Status Tag. The plc will write to this address the screen number to display on the panelview.
First create a new screen. We will call it Boot Screen. Lets say it is screen number 1 it could be 7, 12 or whatever. On this screen you could insert your compay's logo as a bit map or some text or just leave it blank nobody would even notice it was an empty screen.
Now under the Application Settings/Power Up set this to Boot Screen.
Assign your Screen Status tags (ex N7:0) and your Screen control tags (ex. N7:1) if not already done.
Now in the plc when N7:0 (Screen Status) is a 1 you know that the Panelview has just finised booting.
Now use the Screen contol tag to display your main or menu screen. If this is an existing panelview display the old power up screen. Don't forget to zero the Screen control if it is not used else where in the program.

jthornton said:
Steve and Doug

Thanks for the great help. That got me light years ahead. Have a cold one on me.

Thanks
John

No problem! I'll have a Yuengling Lager!

Doug-P said:

No problem! I'll have a Yuengling Lager!

Now you went and did it. I had to go and look that one up. Next time I'm in Greensboro NC visiting my Mom I'll have to go and get me some Yuengling Lager. That seems to be the neareast distributer... Which flavor do you recommend?

Maybe I need to start up a new beer distributer here in MO... hmmm might not work too well as me and my partner would drink up all the profits... 🍺

John

Next time I'm in Greensboro NC visiting my Mom

jthornton,
The next time you are in Greensboro let me know and we will both try them all. Greensboro is not too far from here. Maybe hour and a half.

Cheers! 🍺