InTouch and FactoryTalk development on same PC?

dabomb4097

So, I have to do some development in both InTouch and FactoryTalk. I already had FactoryTalk installed on my development PC, and then I installed InTouch 9.5 WindowMaker and WindowViewer.

After installing InTouch, FactoryTalk has suddenly become very unstable; freezing up a lot, freezes when I try to build things, freezes when I try to open the tag browser. Its almost unusable, and I have to reboot constantly. InTouch works fine, and FactoryTalk worked fine before I installed InTouch.

Is there something conflicting about having both WindowMaker and FactoryTalk Studio on the same computer? How can I get everything to play nice on a single machine? I'm not trying to have both open at the same time, just use one or the other depending on what needs working on.

Is there something conflicting about having both WindowMaker and FactoryTalk Studio on the same computer? How can I get everything to play nice on a single machine? I'm not trying to have both open at the same time, just use one or the other depending on what needs working on.

There is something conflicting about having FactoryTalk View SE/ME and ANYTHING else on the same computer. If you have a choice to use both environments, I would strongly suggest steering all customers to WonderWare, even if you discount it over FTView, just to save headaches.

The only people I strongly recommend FTView to are competitors.